Quartz glass is a versatile material. It is composed of fused silica and has several key qualities not limited to:
- Good transmission behaviour in ultra-violet, visible and infrared wavelengths
- High temperature endurance
- A low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Good thermal shock resistance
- Excellent electrical insulation
- High chemical purity
We use only the highest quality grades of Quartz with the lowest levels of inclusions and bubbles suitable for the most challenging applications.
It is a common misconception that all quartz is equal and there is no difference between grades. However, in technical applications the right variant can be critical.
Other than cost the following factors are all crucial:
- Optical homogeneity
- Transmission and absorption
- Bubble or inclusion content
- Refractive index and dispersion
- Residual strain
- Resistance to light induced defects or irradiation